[Libav-user] Real-time 4k conversion RGB=>YUV is impossibe in FFMPEG ?

Aleksei Komarov abkomarov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:39:09 EEST 2022

Thanks, I've already checked https://github.com/lemenkov/libyuv it is
faster then FFMPEG, but slower then GPU conversion.
Do the developers plan to implement fast software RGB=YUVconversion in
FFMPEG in future? Is sws_scalse obsolete?
Anywhere, when I am encoding video with FFMPEG h264_nvenc on GPU, I want to
do conversion RGB to NV12 with GPU too. Is it possible with FFMPEG now?

пн, 22 авг. 2022 г. в 07:31, wolverin via Libav-user <libav-user at ffmpeg.org
>:

> I'm using FFMPEG/sws_scale to convert PixFmt from RGB to YUV(NV12)
> (Without size scaling!) .
> It is really a bottleneck of the encoding process, it is extremely slow!!
> What I'm doing wrong? Should I use another FFMPEG convert method instead
> of sws_scale?
> I've checked the OBS studio source code and found that they use a
> self-written RGB-NV12 converter instead of using FFMPEG/sws_scale.
>

> Maybe you need to use AVFilterContext like me
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2022-August/013157.html

С уважением Алексей Комаров.