[Libav-user] Custom data in AVPacket or AVFrame

Dan Egnor egnor at ofb.net
Tue Feb 15 18:11:56 EET 2022

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022, 7:59 AM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> > You might look into the "reordered_opaque" field.
>
> Absolutely not, reordered_opaque is carried through a decoder or an
> encoder but not through the bitstream.

My understanding of the OP was not that they wanted to embed anything in
the bitstream but just that they wanted to set a cookie in AVFrame that
would show up in the corresponding AVPacket (if encoding) or vice versa (if
decoding), hence the suggestion of reordered_opaque. Quite possibly I
misunderstood! Maybe the OP can clarify.

Top-posting is forbidden on this list. If you do not know what it means,
> look it up.

My apologies! I won't do it again.

-- egnor