[Libav-user] variable scope into callback av_log_set_callback and multi threading

Dan Egnor egnor at ofb.net
Thu Mar 24 16:54:45 EET 2022

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022, 3:59 AM Algarve Branqueira <branqueira at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I tried this method but it doesn't work with ffmpeg on windows with mingw.
> I must have forgotten a few things.
>
>  what disturbs me the most is that at the end of the video conversion,
> ffmpeg kills its threads for decoding and encoding but we don't have a
> simple solution to execute an end method.
>
> I attached the jvm so I basically need to destroy the thread called a
> simple "DetachCurrentThread" method.
>
> Any idea :)

As you know, my best idea is to rethink your life choices and not try to
get log messages attributed to specific instances, instead treating them as
a single global stream used for developer diagnostics. I think you're
swimming against the flow trying to do anything else.

But I don't think you'll find this helpful?

-- egnor