[Libav-user] av_parser_iterate crash

Landry Norris landry.norris0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:36:41 EET 2022

Hello,

I am unable to replicate this on a dev machine. Sadly, this means I don't
have useful logs, just a stacktrace. I've been trying
to check the source code to see where it could possibly be calling abort. I
don't see anything in av_parser_iterate in the
source. Is there something I should try to increase the chances of this
occurring? Since I don't have logs, I don't expect to
get a direct answer on how to solve this, but is there a direction I should
be looking?

Here is the stacktrace I see in Crashlytics for reference
0
libsystem_kernel.dylib
__pthread_kill + 8
1
libsystem_pthread.dylib
pthread_kill + 208
2
libsystem_c.dylib
abort + 124
3
libavcodec
av_parser_iterate + 84732
and my code is below this in the stacktrace

Interestingly, I don't directly call av_parser_iterate, but instead I call
av_read_frame. Not sure if there's an issue with crashlytics here.

Thanks,
Landry Norris