[Libav-user] AV_CH_LAYOUT_NATIVE usage

rohit khali khali.rohit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:31:48 EEST 2022

Hi,
I came across request_channel_layout in AVCodecContext. Looks like we can
force the FFmpeg decoder to output the channel data in the way it's coded
in the original compressed stream.
However, it looks like this option is valid only for DolbyE and AAC.
Although, better than nothing, I just wanted to cross check whether it is
safe to use since I see the corresponding code enclosed with "#if
FF_API_OLD_CHANNEL_LAYOUT".

My requirement is to get decoded data in the coded channel order for ac3,
eac3 codecs as well. Please let me know if there is a way to do the same.

Thanks,
Rohit Khali