[Libav-user] AV_CH_LAYOUT_NATIVE usage

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Oct 27 21:06:42 EEST 2022

rohit khali (12022-10-27):
>					 My question is what are the standard
> defined channel order then? Example: As per ATSC A/52:2012, *coded channel
> layout* in a 5.1 E-AC3 stream is [L, C, R, Ls, Rs, LFE] ?

I do not have access to these standards, but I would hazard they are the
ramblings of idiots who do not understand the difference between
standardizing the semantic of a bitstream (“these bits decode into the
left and right channels, these bits decode into LFE”) and specifying the
API of a decoding library.

--
  Nicolas George