[Libav-user] pts/dts for udp streaming

wolverin wolverin82 at mail.ru
Tue Apr 4 12:25:31 EEST 2023

Hello.

In the continuation of the topic
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2023-March/013320.html

I read the mjpeg packets from the disk that I write with a frequency of 10 fps from usb camera, sent them to my other application that also uses libav/ffmpeg such as usd://ip:port. On the sending side and on the receiving side, I set the timebase 1/90000.

PTS=DTS on the sending side I calculate by the system clock at the moment when I was writing them to disk, but on the receiving side after the function avformat_find_stream_info() and av_dump_format() I see such values 25 tbr and 1200k tbn, and the received file is played at a speed of 2 fps - this is the rate of receiving frames through the network.

Why is this happening and how to solve the problem so that the file is at a frequency of 10fps?