[Libav-user] Very slow av_write_frame

wolverin wolverin82 at mail.ru
Fri Apr 21 08:30:05 EEST 2023

>Пятница, 21 апреля 2023, 9:59 +05:00 от Yurii Monakov <monakov.y at gmail.com>:
>
>Hello,
>
>100 Mbit/s is a measured speed or maximum link speed? If it is theoretical maximum, than you can measure real UDP speed with iperf3.
>
>Yurii

Thank you for paying attention to my problem.

100 Mbit/s is a maximum link speed.

I used v4l2rtspserver to send a video stream via udp and it is capable of sending traffic at speeds up to 80Mbit/s, so this is not a hardware or measurement problem.

For av_write_frame runtime measurements, I calculate the difference between the time before and after and for 200Kb it's a terrible 300-350ms.
If required, I will provide my source code that does something similar ffmpeg -i file.mjpeg -f mjpeg udp://host:port