[Libav-user] Mux video on Android

Hardcore Sushi hardcore.sushi+ffmpeg at disroot.org
Tue Apr 25 13:30:28 EEST 2023

Hello,

I'm the developer of DroidFS, an open-source Android application that
allows to open gocryptfs and CryFS volumes on Android, without root
access. A feature of the app is the possibility to record on-the-fly
encrypted videos which are stored directly in the encrypted container.
With the native components of the Android framework, it is not possible
to mux a video to an arbitrary location, at least not before Android 6.
So I decided to use libavformat to mux video streams. In this way, I
can encrypt the output before writing it on disk.

The problem is that the recorded videos are partially broken. I opened
an issue on the GitHub repo of the app to explain all the details:
https://github.com/hardcore-sushi/DroidFS/issues/192
I would appreciate your help in solving this bug, especially as I am a
newbie with libav. I remain at your disposal if you have any questions.
Thank you very much.

Hardcore Sushi