[Libav-user] Force to create an I-frame for libx264

wolverin wolverin82 at mail.ru
Thu Jan 12 09:53:25 EET 2023

Hi,
my transcoder (written in ffmpeg libs) from MJPEG to H264 sends packets to my rtsp server (written based on the ffserver source code), the problem is that if the server stops reading and the transcoder writes in an arbitrary place, you have to wait a long time to view the first IDR frame when you need to continue viewing a new one to the client.

Is it possible to somehow force the codec to generate it in an arbitrary place???