[Libav-user] lut3d metadata in mov?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat May 27 18:10:44 EEST 2023

сб, 27 мая 2023 г., 18:02 Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, May 27, 2023 at 4:48 PM Andrew Randrianasulu <
> randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I was wondering if some kind of 3d lut can be saved in media files
>> directly ...and answer seems to be yes?
>>
>> https://github.com/google/lut3d_utils
>> "A tool for manipulating production metadata, specifically tone map
>> metadata (3D LUT), in MP4 and MOV files. It can be used to inject 3D LUT
>> metadata into a file or validate metadata in an existing file."
>>
>> I wonder if libavformat's mov de/muxer can be extended for handling those
>> cases .....
>>

> Ever heard about HALD CLUT?

no, thanks for pointer!

http://underpop.online.fr/f/ffmpeg/help/haldclut.htm.gz

http://www.quelsolaar.com/technology/clut.html

====

A Hald CLUT is an image that has a specific color pattern on it. In this
pattern all colors in the color space are represented. An application that
uses the HALD CLUT image to color correct an image, takes a source image
color and looks it up in the color pattern of the HALD CLUT, and the color
it finds in that place is the corrected color that should replace the
source color in the destination image. If the color doesn't exist in the
CLUT, one can look up several colors and interpolate between them.

====