[Libav-user] Packed Audio and decoded PTS

KIM daniel.morandini at keepinmind.info
Wed Oct 4 11:31:31 EEST 2023

Goodmorning!
I’m working on an elixir binding to libav*, the repo is https://github.com/kim-company/avx.

I have a question about packed audio files, which contain an ID3v4 header specifying the timestamp that should be used to shift the upcoming packets, as of the RFC. I noticed that this information is lost while demuxing->decoding the packets.

As a practical example, I have a file in which the “com.apple.streaming.transportStreamTimestamp” header specifies 2.1 seconds, so I would expect the first packet to have a pts value of that instead of 0, or at least the stream to contain 2.1 seconds in the start_time field, instead of AV_NOPTS_VALUE.

Am I missing something?

BR,
dmorn