[Libav-user] frame->pts out-of-order when decode hevc

KIM daniel.morandini at keepinmind.info
Mon Oct 23 16:02:45 EEST 2023

> hello, everyone. this is my first time to use mail list.
Hi! This is my first reply instead.

> the set of pkt->pts is 0,1,2,3,4,5...
> bus the frame->pts received is 0,1,4,5,3,6,2 where the pict_type is I, I, B, B, B, B, P...
> why the frame->pts is not 0,1,2,3,4,5…
PTS (presentation time stamp) tells you the order at which frames should be presented, which is not always the same as the order at which frames should be decoded! That’s the DTS field (decoding time stamp). After decoding to some raw format, you’ll see that PTS are sorted as you expect.

Basically what you’re seeing is the way it is supposed to be! I hope it clarifies your doubt.

Cheers,
dmorn