[Libav-user] Writing prores files?

francesco at blt.it francesco at blt.it
Mon Feb 5 10:26:14 EET 2024

"moov atom not found" means the problem is on the wrapper, not on the codec.
Nothing changes if you modify codec parameters.
Regards
Francesco

3 febbraio 2024 23:01, "Joe Button" <ml_libav-user at joebutton.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to write a ProRes file, specifically ProRes 4444 (or maybe 4444  XQ).
>
> As a starting point I grabbed the example here:
> https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/6.0/encode_video_8c-example.html
>
> If I build that and do
>
>> ./main output.mp4 libx264
>
> all is good, I get a video file with some swirly visuals. I was hoping it'd be trivial to modify
> that to output ProRes, but I haven't managed to figure it out. If I do
>
>> ./main output.mov prores_ks
>
> I get:
>
> [prores_ks @ 0x55efb2feb940] Specified pixel format yuv420p is invalid or not supported
>
> So, based on https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/111886/prores-444-output-using-ffmpeg, I
> tried with AV_PIX_FMT_YUVA444P10LE. It generated a file, but the file seems to have issues. Opening
> it with mplayer I get this:
>
>> mplayer output.mov
>
> MPlayer 1.5+svn38423-2build1 (Debian)
> do_connect: could not connect to socket
> connect: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
>
> Playing output.mov.
> libavformat version 60.3.100 (external)
> libavformat file format detected.
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7f19658916a0]moov atom not found
> LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
> libavformat file format detected.
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7f19658916a0]moov atom not found
> LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
>
> Exiting... (End of file)
>
> I also tried adding
>
> c->profile = FF_PROFILE_PRORES_4444;
>
> but that didn't seem to do much.
>
> In case it matters, I'm using ubuntu 23.10 which has version "7:6.0-6ubuntu1" of libavformat /
> libavcodec
>
> Any ideas, or even a working example? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!
>
> Joe

*  Francesco CUZZOCREA
*  company: BLT Italia srl    web: http://www.blt.it
*  address: via Rosselli, 91  city: Lido di CAMAIORE
*  country: ITALY             zip: 55041-i
*  Tel.: +39 0584 904788  Fax: +39 0584 904789  e-mail:francesco at blt.it