Ticket #1312 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Support multi-threaded resolution change
|Reported by:||jyavenard||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Apple provides some samples of HTTP Live Streaming playlist.
In particular, one provides 4 streams at the following bitrates (in bit/s)
stream1 : 200000
stream2 : 311111
stream3 : 484444
stream4 : 37777
I implemented a HLS player, allowing to switch streams according to the download bandwidth available. Unfortunately, FFmpeg is unable to play the stream generated when a fallback streams is selected.
The samples attached are made of 10s block made from the 4 streams.
bipbopX.ts is the corresponding TS file where X goes from 1 to 4,
bipbopXY.ts is a stream made of 10s of streamX followed by 10s of streamY
bipbopXYZ.ts is a stream made of 10s of streamX, 10s of streamY and 10s of stream Z
QuickTime/Safari? can play all but VBR streams with stream 1 (eg: bipbop12, bipob21, bipbop1234, bipbop4321)
ffplay only plays the following sequences:
43 and 34...
All the others fail.
This prevent implementing a HLS player that properly handle change of streams on the fly.
- Keywords segments added
- Status changed from new to open
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 13 months ago by cehoyos
- Keywords segments removed
- Version changed from unspecified to git-master
comment:13 Changed 13 months ago by cehoyos
- Keywords h264 added
- Priority changed from normal to wish
- Component changed from undetermined to avcodec
- Summary changed from FFmpeg doesn't handle bitrate transition on some mpeg-ts stream to Support multi-threaded resolution change
comment:17 Changed 6 months ago by cehoyos
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed