Ticket #1351 (closed defect: fixed)
mpeg2video lowres support
|Reported by:||jyavenard||Owned by:|
|Version:||git-master||Keywords:||mpeg2video regression lowres|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
commit 2bcbd98459915baefc15043d02f4a942ebcd33da Author: Mans Rullgard <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Thu Apr 12 13:55:49 2012 +0100 Remove lowres video decoding This feature is complex, of questionable utility, and slows down normal decoding. Signed-off-by: Mans Rullgard <email@example.com>
low-res video decoding is used in mythtv in order to flag a video for commercial.
Removing this mode breaks mythtv's comm flagging.
Doing comm flagging without low res reduced speed by a factor of two.
So I would like to plead to reverse that change.
There was no need to remove it.
- Status changed from new to open
- Reproduced by developer set
- Component changed from undetermined to avcodec
- Summary changed from Removal of mpeg2 low-res video decoding: why? to mpeg2video lowres support
- Priority changed from normal to important
- Version changed from unspecified to git-master
- Keywords mpeg2video regression added
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted