Ticket #1493 (open defect)
Transcoding MOV file from Rhozet Carbon Server creates video with double duration (needs edit list duration support)
|Reported by:||kbreeman||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||yes|
Summary of the bug:
Using ffmpeg to transcode a MOV file produced/exported by Rhozet Carbon Server results in an MP4 with double the expected duration.
The video file produced plays back fine but includes an additional 4:14 of black screen and no audio for a total duration of 8:28. When watching the debug output, ffmpeg seems to hang on the final frame of the video and then produces an extra 4:14 worth of blank frames after a few minutes before exiting cleanly.
We received permission from our customer to use this video as part of this bug report but request that it not be used for anything else.
How to reproduce:
% ffmpeg -v 9 -loglevel 99 -report -i ~/Desktop/BC-foo1/79855382001_1656639096001_449-NHS-Osteoporosis-CaseStudy-16x9-UB-H264-1024-v3.mov /tmp/tmp.mp4 ffmpeg -version: ffmpeg version N-41997-g3f59bbf built on Jun 28 2012 15:06:40 with gcc 4.6.3 20120306 (Red Hat 4.6.3-2) configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-version3 --enable-pthreads --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvpx libavutil 51. 63.100 / 51. 63.100 libavcodec 54. 29.101 / 54. 29.101 libavformat 54. 11.100 / 54. 11.100 libavdevice 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100 libavfilter 3. 0.100 / 3. 0.100 libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100 libswresample 0. 15.100 / 0. 15.100 libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
The file can be downloaded from here:
http://ffmpeg-bug.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/transcodes_to_double_duration.mov size: 503881220 bytes (481 MB) md5sum: a37321b6d0231b45dd62f6c3378151be
- Keywords mov regression added; double duration rhozet carbon server removed
- Priority changed from normal to important
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from FFmpeg to undetermined
- Reproduced by developer set
comment:10 Changed 10 months ago by michael
- Analyzed by developer set
- Keywords regression removed
- Summary changed from Transcoding MOV file from Rhozet Carbon Server creates video with double duration to Transcoding MOV file from Rhozet Carbon Server creates video with double duration (needs edit list duration support)