Ticket #2226 (closed enhancement: wontfix)
FFprobe should output to stdout
|Reported by:||evilsoup||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||yes|
At the moment, all the tools output the text information to stderr. Obviously, for ffmpeg this is necessary; but ffprobe doesn't output A/V data, only text, so this behaviour doesn't serve any purpose.
The current workaround (for regexing the output etc) is to use ffprobe input.file 2>&1. This isn't particularly onerous, but it would be nicer to have ffprobe output to stdout by default. Changing it also wouldn't break any pre-existing scripts that people are using with the current workaround, either.
- Analyzed by developer set
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Reproduced by developer set
- Keywords ffprobe,stdout,stderr removed
- Resolution changed from wontfix to fixed