Ticket #406 (closed defect: needs_more_info)
QuickTime Error: "Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie"
|Reported by:||KSHawkEye||Owned by:||michael|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
While trying to play back a simple video encoded with FFmpeg and lame, I get: "Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie"
I'm on a Windows machine and am unsure if the problem is just on Windows or on Linux too.
The command line I used was:
ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -y -acodec libmp3lame -vn "output.mp4"
No errors were displayed while encoding.
I'm using version git-41bf67d built on 2011-08-16
mp3 should be accepted in a .mp4 container and QuickTime? should be able to play it back, so I believe this is an FFmpeg bug.
- Priority changed from important to normal
- Status changed from new to open
- Version changed from git to git-master
- Component changed from FFmpeg to avformat
- Keywords isom mp3 added
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to needs_more_info