Ticket #442 (closed enhancement: fixed)
scene change detection
|Reported by:||lovelove||Owned by:||ubitux|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
suggestion: scene change detection
status: Isn't this possibly already implemented "under the hood" in the form of the -sc_threshold parameter?
key benefits / fields of application:
(1) Exporting first frame of each scene as an image effectively creates generates a storyboard ...
(2) ... which in turn would be an enormous help in identifying added and deleted scenes when comparing the content of two videos.
(3) Alternatively, when storing the timestamps in a text file, this text file could then be fed to a video editor to automatically split a long recording into individual scenes.
(4) Using I-frame upon scene change for improving compression ratio.
review of the situation: Here is a scholar paper reviewing existing scene detection method and comparing their performances: http://publik.tuwien.ac.at/files/pub-et_9739.pdf
open source implementations of scene change detection algorithms possibly easily reusable in FFmpeg:
(1) BBC R&D's open source (LGPL) Video Shot Change Detector: http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/projects/shot_change/ ( = http://sourceforge.net/projects/shot-change/ )
(2) Shotdetect (LGPL): http://shotdetect.nonutc.fr/
(3) yuvdiff (GNU GPL): http://www.silicontrip.net/~mark/lavtools/yuvdiff.c
(6) lav2yuv -S list.el ("Output a scene list with scene detection")
(7) SCSelect (filter, which distinguishes between scene begins, scene ends and global motion):
(8) sourcecode of Virtualdub' VCR mod:
(10) Marc FDs and neuron2's filters:
- Cc lovelove removed
- Keywords scene change detection removed
- Status changed from new to open
- Priority changed from normal to wish