Ticket #468 (closed defect: fixed)
No audio tracks in QuickTime
|Reported by:||Alex__||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Description: No audio tracks in QuickTime?
Version: 0.8.2 (via brew package manager)
Steps that will reproduce the problem?
- Find a video that contains more than one audio track
- ffmpeg -i _video.mkv -timestamp now -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac -alang eng video.m4v -acodec libfaac -alang ger -newaudio
- open -a QuickTime? video.m4v
What is the expected result?
To be able to select the audio track and to hear only one track at once.
What happens instead?
No audio tracks selectable. All languages/tracks are mixed into one audio
Open the file with VLC.
Any additional information:
Same issue with the latest libav version (although the parameters are a bit different). Also iTunes has the same issue und I'm sure an iOS device will have it too. But it seems to be a known issue since a long time: https://www.lscube.org/issue2534
I applied this patch but this only enables Quicktime to select an audio track - if no track is selected (default): all tracks are played all together.
Also see: http://bugzilla.libav.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44
Changed 21 months ago by michael
- attachment 0002-movenc-set-alternative-group-for-audio-and-subtitles.patch added
comment:24 Changed 3 months ago by cehoyos
- Keywords mov added
- Status changed from new to open
- Version changed from 0.8.2 to git-master
- Reproduced by developer set