Ticket #862 (closed defect: fixed)
Corrupted subtitles exported from matroska file.
|Reported by:||vlada.matena||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
I am trying to extract subtitles from matroska file to the SubRip? file. I think the following command should extract subtitles from source.mkv, but target.srt is created empty.
ffmpeg -scodec srt -i source.mkv target.srt
I also tried using -scodec copy, but it only stores subtitle text in target.srt and the timecodes are missing. It looks like matroska decoder is not adding timecodes stored in matroska blocks back to subtitles.
I implemented a function matroska_fix_srt_packet similar to matroska_fix_ass_packet and added it to libavformat/matroskadec.c . The changes are in attached patch.
With the patch the command produces the desired output.
I am sorry if I just didn't understand ffmpeg params and the changes are actually not needed.
- Keywords text subtitles added; srt matroska mkv removed
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from avformat to FFmpeg
- Reproduced by developer set