[FFmpeg-devel] lame: output buffer too small issue

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Jan 28 01:48:15 CET 2009

Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:

> 2009/1/28 Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com>:
>> Dennis Volodomanov wrote:
>>> This problem started to occur only recently (within the past 2-3 weeks),
>>> basically lame reports an error and the whole file is not encoded
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> The output is like this:
>>>
>>> FFmpeg version git-6a1265c, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et
>>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Should we finally switch to git, or should we require _users_ to use
>> svn, to avoid this kind or reports ?
>
> What's holding it back? A neat way to handle libswscale
> cloning/pulling?

libswscale is a problem, but not an unsolvable one.

> Commit log messages?

Not a problem as such, but you won't be able to edit commit messages
later with git.

> Mapping of the master branch commit hashes to some revision number?

I'm not too worried about that.

> Anything else?

We need to devise a secure way for people to commit stuff to the
server.  This will of course not become easier by delaying, but it's
something that requires proper consideration.  We don't want any
security holes.

Finally, I'd prefer that a good number of developers were at least
somewhat familiar with git before we switch.  I know some of us
already use it, but I don't know how large a number.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com