[FFmpeg-devel] FATE

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 5 17:36:13 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 12:14:33PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:08 AM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> >> how much time do we have to move it elsewhere before it disappears again?
> >
> > We could move it elsewhere, but we would lose about half the configurations
> > which are the ones that Mans manages. Actually, anyone could take over the
> > Linux x86_32/x86_64/PPC configs. But all the ARM and other offbeat platforms
> > are managed by Mans.
>
> ARM and MIPS are not that hard to cover. I could also try to add
> Blackfin but I don't think it's worth it. Mans has some other fringe
> configurations like alpha, armcc, open64, path64 that I don't think
> anyone else cares about.

from what you list ARM is the only that i would consider important.
and i think it makes a lot of sense if we have a bit of redundancy in fate

> With the code mans wrote it's relatively simple to report the same
> data to multiple servers. It would be nice if we could access the raw
> data on fate.ffmpeg.org so we could rsync it to other servers.

whichever way its done i would strongly prefer we avoid having a single
central server (that can fail) from where things are synced.

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"