[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 6/8] tidsp: add mp4v configuration

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Sep 8 14:19:59 CEST 2010

Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:

>>> But the code in the 'tidsp' apparently wouldn't belong to FFmpeg, so
>>> the bytestream_* utilities are not available.
>>
>> It's not any complex code, since it doesn't have to be efficient it can
>> be reimplemented in a few minutes...
>
> Well sure, now that I've done all the work of dissecting TI's
> openmax, lcml and libdspbridge it is relatively simple. But if your
> eyes have a high tolerance to bleeding, I invite you to see some of
> the original code and judge how easy it would be to reimplement
> that.

The obvious misunderstanding aside, appeal to hard work is not
considered valid here.  All code must stand on its own merit
regardless of how hard the author worked to write it.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com