[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 6/8] tidsp: add mp4v configuration

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Sep 8 19:29:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 06:05:01PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> There's still work to do when say, the video renderer is omap's
> framebuffer; cache flushing the raw video is not needed. But I don't
> see any way to represent that either on FFmpeg, or GStreamer's API.

I would expect that the actual condition is that it won't be
read via the cache by the CPU. Whether it goes into the
framebuffer or not is not (directly) relevant.
And while it is currently only used in the other direction,
AVFrame has a buffer_hints that probably would be appropriate
for this.