[FFmpeg-devel] Moving if(constant expression) to preprocessor?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Sep 20 08:26:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:02:23AM +0200, Axel Holzinger wrote:
> Because optimised code doesn't reflect anymore the original C code.
> Come on, why do you use -O1 and not -O3 if optimisation isn't an issue
> in debug builds?

Some people seem to prefer it. However I almost always use at least
-O2 for debug builds, otherwise the assembler code is basically unreadable.
Particularly -O0 is something I consider useless for debugging:
Often bugs will just disappear, and if anything is unclear and
you need to single-step through the asm code it is so huge and
convoluted you simply don't have the slightest chance to understand
anything.