[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] stream parsing

Benjamin Larsson banan
Wed Sep 22 02:02:15 CEST 2010

Hi, I've found a few files where the channel layout in the container vs
the stream miss matches (1 avi with dts and 1 mkv, issue 2137). That got
me thinking about the channel layout mask. In some containers it is
possible to just set a channel count, which leads to ffmpeg just
guessing the layout. Instead I suggest that when the channel count is >2
do a AVSTREAM_PARSE_HEADERS by default instead of trusting the
container. So what do you think would that be acceptable? Otherwise I
have to add patches like the one in issue 2137 to every demuxer that we
find broken files for.

Yeah I have no patch for it yet.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson