[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Sep 24 23:07:20 CEST 2010

On 09/24/2010 01:35 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:11:23PM +0200, James Darnley wrote:
>> On 24/09/2010, Loren Merritt<lorenm at u.washington.edu>  wrote:
>>> <J_Darnley>  [various stuff about importing filters into x264cli]
>>> <pengvado>  Why are you importing yadif and hqdn3d rather than linking to
>>> libavfilter?
>>> <J_Darnley>  It'd never be committed. Bikeshed this, cosmetic that.
>>> <pengvado>  Do you think it would matter if I did the committing and
>>> threatened to fork libavfilter if people complain?
>>
>> In addition to this, my feelings (as both a poor coder and a user) on
>> why I didn't just use libavfilter in x264 are that:
>
>>   - it didn't have hqdn3d or yadif when I started (not even patches)
>
> yadif is close to being commited
> hqdn3d should be easy, we need more manpower not more forks

I ported them. I was pretty motivated back then.
Now I gave up because of Stefano's attitude regarding the overlay
filter. He knows why, I explained to him.

Note that I already use myself hqdn3d and yadif in my personal tree.
It works great. I even started to add 4:2:2 input support to yadif.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER