[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Sep 27 00:28:57 CEST 2010

On date Sunday 2010-09-26 21:55:49 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 04:35:38PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 02:11:02AM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
[...]
> > > We need 16-bit -> 8, 9, and 10 bit conversion with dithering.  It's
> > > not hard, but the issue is primarily an API one, unless we already
> > > have a way of telling swscale how many bits to output to.
> >
> > ok, would a
> >
> > /**
> >  * Allocates and returns a SwsContext. You need it to perform
> >  * scaling/conversion operations using sws_scale().
> >  *
> >  * @return a pointer to an allocated context, or NULL in case of error
> >  */
> > struct SwsContext *sws_getContext(SwsParams *params);
> >
> > solve this ?
> >
> > if yes i can add this together with AVOptions access to it, this also should
> > squish a few issues stefano had with AVOptions in relation to sws
>
> should be done approximatly
>
> is there a volunteer to make vf_scale use the new API?
> and is that enough or is there something else that i should implement
> adding a src/dst_bits field in the context and AVOption in options.c is just a
> 2 line change now

I am interested but I have a tons of todos (especially related to
Hemanth patches and lavfi timestamps management), so feel free to beat
me in time.

And thanks for the great work with yadif and AVOptions :-).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving and Fast Mastering Peaceful Enlightening Gorilla