[FFmpeg-devel] confusing trailing metadata for mpeg frames

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 28 02:12:15 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:20:27PM -0700, David Byron wrote:
[...]
> Here's the output of ./iterate_frames ape_and_id3v1_with_audio_5.mp3.  It is
> a hand-created file, but it's a straight copy of 5 mpeg frames from a legit
> audio file (1 Info frame + 4 actual audio frames) along with actual APE +
> id3v1 tags.  In other words I expect ffmpeg to process it just like the
> original file.  Please let me know if this is an acceptable way to reduce
> the file size to ease sending the file around.

let me repeat i will not accept any hand created file from you.
I have no interrest in supporting such files and no interrest nor time to
verify that while you mess up with every single patch you submit you
managed to not mess up hand creating mp3 files.

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates