[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] ffmpeg-0.6.90-rc0

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Apr 3 23:05:44 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 10:32:05PM +0400, Kirill Gavrilov wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Iam proud to announce that after a way too long time we finally are
> > making a new release.
> >
> > See: http://ffmpeg.org/releases/
> >
> > Please help test it and report regression & security bugs to
> > ffmpeg.org/trac so we can fix them in rc1 or the final release.
> > (depending on if we will need a rc1)
> >

> I still get:
>
> > libavformat/utils.c:3425: error: implicit declaration of function
> > 'gettimeofday'
> > make: *** [libavformat/utils.o] Erreur 1
> >

> with x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc (GCC) 4.4.2. Last success build within my
> configuration was 0cd1383 git revision
> (one-two days after FFmpeg-mt was integrated into main branch).
>
> Should I something change in my configuration or this is regression in
> FFmpeg?

Can you tell me exactly which revission works and which not?
this is easy to find out with git bisect
you only need to try to build this single file so its just 1-2min work

The revission you list doesnt look like it could have caused this,
nor the next one and we do include sys/time.h ...

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato