[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] ffmpeg-0.6.90-rc0

madshi madshi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:33:34 CEST 2011

> 2011/4/4 Kirill Gavrilov <gavr.mail at gmail.com>
> Is this patch already exists somewhere?

There's a patch for a different open source software
available which would have to be converted to ffmpeg.
I'm not sure if splitting without decoding is generally
accepted. If not, creating an ffmpeg patch makes no
sense at this time.

> And why no decoding - patch assume additional
> decoding logic from application level?

No decoding because there's no open source MVC
decoder available yet. Splitting alone might already
be useful, though. E.g. you could forward the splitted
bitstream to a commercial MVC decoder or to the
GPU for hardware decoding (e.g. ATI OVD).

Best regards, Mathias.