[FFmpeg-devel] DVB Subtitles - "Hard Subtitles"

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 13 18:31:47 CEST 2011

Right been fighting with getting ffmpeg to add in a DVB Subtitle stream, ive used '-scodec copy' and '-scodec dvbsub' but to no avail.

So now im looking at modifying the code to do "Hard Subtitles" so i was wondering whats the best way and some pointers as to where i can break into the demux->decode->resize->encode->remux so that we we do it as demux->decode->"Hard subs"->resize->encode->remux.

Now i know i will need to change the dvb subs side to NOT DECODE as we need the raw compressed blocks so that when we add to the decoded video buffer we can process the non value/transparency part correctly.

Also will need to stop ffmpeg from trying to reencode and remux the dvb subs back into the new ts.

So any pointers would be gratefully received.

Unless someone knows a way around getting the incoming subs decoded and encoded and added to the outgoing stream correctly.

joolz