[FFmpeg-devel] file protocol with Unicode support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 09:10:49 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 04:14:22PM +0400, Kirill Gavrilov wrote:
> 2011/4/13 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>
>
> > As for the solution to your problem, I believe the best solution is to
> > replace the open call in os_support.c.
> >
> Something like this (in attach)?

I haven't reviewed in detail, but in principle I think it is the
right approach.
However we should at least avoid breaking the command-line binaries,
since that should be simple enough.
The way to avoid breaking them is to switch the main function to the
wide-character one, convert the whole command-line from UTF-16 to UTF-8
and then continue as normal.