[FFmpeg-devel] Feature request : Optimizing (MPEG) video stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 21 04:12:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:14:35PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Sunday 2011-04-17 03:20:04 +0200, Arnaud Boy encoded:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We all know jpegoptim by tjko for optimizing huffman table on jpeg files.
> > This is useful for pictures made by most of camera that make "non-optimized"
> > pictures.
> >
> > Some of our video files are made by those camera and make "non-optimized"
> > frames too.
> >
> > I know than mjpeg, mpeg 1, 2 and probably 4 use jpeg algorythm
> > (DCT+Quant+Huffman) for I-frames and use Huffman table too for other frames.
> >
> > My request is to make an option on ffmpeg for just optimizing Huffman table
> > in video stream.
>
> Please file a feature request on the issue tracker:
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg

> To developers:
> BTW what about to rename: Bugreports -> Issue reports?

just Issues
or Tickets

but i see no "Bugreports" on https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg
i obviosuly misunderstand thus ..

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"