[FFmpeg-devel] DVB Subtitles - "Hard Subtitles"

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 21 11:52:57 CEST 2011

Just information on my work.

I have now got "simple" dvb subtitles working, they are decoded, reencoded and remuxed and work fine.

But my problem is now getting "proper" dvb subtitles working, as long as a single update is done it works, but if you try any fancy subtitles like we get in the uk for the news channels where the text appears as the presenter speaks then we have MAJOR problems.

Im trying to work out these problems and will give more information as i get further bits working.

Once i know that the subtitles are being decoded correctly then i will move onto adding in a filter to do the "Hard Subtitles"

I do have a couple of question though.

Is there any reason/plans to allow some form of filter to work on the subtitles in betweeen the decode and encode routines?

Also is there a way of taking in .sub subtitles and outputting "dvb subtitles"? I ask this so i can test this feature against my changes.

joolz

joolz