[FFmpeg-devel] Feature request : Optimizing (MPEG) video stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Apr 23 01:30:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 06:36:36PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Thursday 2011-04-21 04:12:48 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:14:35PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> [...]
> > > To developers:
> > > BTW what about to rename: Bugreports -> Issue reports?
> >
> > just Issues
> > or Tickets
> >
> > but i see no "Bugreports" on https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg
> > i obviosuly misunderstand thus ..
>
> I meant that there is that in the main page it is mentioned
> "Bugreports", but the issue-tracker is not mentioned, maybe we could
> rename "Bugreports" to "Issue reports" and slightly redesign the
> linked page (Issue report -> more general than bugreport).

If you refer to the bugrport link on http://www.ffmpeg.org/
then i think it would confuse users if the word bug wasnt in there
because a user who found a bug is searching for "where do i report a
bug / bugreport"

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.