[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]caf channel layout, v2

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Apr 23 11:07:04 CEST 2011

Peter Ross <pross <at> xvid.org> writes:

> > Attached patch implements two of three possible caf channel layout types.
> > Apple decided that the same layout can be used in aif files now.
> >
> > Please comment, Carl Eugen
>
> Also looks good.

Thank you, applied.

Could anybody comment on ticket #98?
I have uploaded a sample with channel layout "center - left - right", which -
imo - the pcm decoder has to reorder to produce the correct channel order "left
- right - center" for AV_CH_LAYOUT_SURROUND.
Afaict, the demuxer currently cannot inform the decoder of a needed re-ordering.

Any opinions?

Carl Eugen