[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] DVB Subtitles Fix

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 27 00:34:10 CEST 2011

Ok first patch to fix the decoding and re-encoding of DVB Subtitles.

I went through and validated against the spec, my own engine and fixed the bits that were failing or wrong.

I have tested this on recorded streams and live streams and found no problems except for one which i will try and explain about.

Here in the UK some of our channels use a live speech convertor where you see the words appear as they are spoken, now this works fine but the way the decode/encode works a lot more space is taken by this encoder for the subsequent encoded stream. In one test the incoming packets made up around 3k of data, but the amount of data in the output stream was around 15k.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: dvbsubs.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 24735 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/attachments/20110426/00cf4d66/attachment.bin>

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list