[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Trac issues policy

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 28 01:48:19 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:34:18AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do you prefer to manage issues? Is acceptable to let the reporter
> close the bug (assuming she will reply in a reasonable amount of
> time), or Carl/the committer should do it?

The commiter closes, and the reporter can reopen if its not fixed.

> (I'm not even sure trac provides a notification mechanism, right now
> I'm used to poll it and see if people replied to my own messages, but
> this is not going to scale well).

The creator of a bug should get mails, also theres
ffmpeg-trac at avcodec.org
http://avcodec.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-trac/2011-April/thread.html
and theres a CC field where people can add themselfs

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle