[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2011 politics

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:59:40 CEST 2011

On 4/30/11, shahriman AMS <shahriman_ams at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

Please don't top post. Write your answer under the old mails.
(I took the liberty to move it).
And...

Who are you?
I cannot find your name or name that sounds similar in the list of the
accepted students/projects.
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2011

I also think that you missed something in the Michael's mail.

Yes, GSOC is about students and not about veteran developers. But this
is exactly the point, 2 of the "students" ARE veteran developers.

Actually the project were Diego is student is already finished. Look
for thread with subject "preliminary Flash Screen Video v2 decoder
from Kostya" in libav-dev. I also don't think that Daniel Kang have
ever been FFmpeg developer, I would have thought he is more fit for a
student (Kostya seems to admit his patch is based on Kang's code).

In short, I think that they may have swapped mentor/student names in that task.