[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] merge the applehttp-urlprotocol into main

Joakim Plate elupus
Tue Mar 1 10:45:56 CET 2011

Tomas H?rdin <tomas.hardin <at> codemill.se> writes:

> > will be parsed as applehttp://http://xx.yy.zz.ww/abc/
> > while file urls can be specified explicitly, as in
> > applehttp://file://usr/files/myfile.m3u8
> >              inner url part
>
> You can't nest URIs like that - please read RFC 3986 (
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt ).
>
> A better solution IMO would be to go the svn+ssh route - a plus sign. So
> applehttp+file:/foo/bar/playlist.m3u8 for instance.

You can the way we do it in xbmc. protocol://[url encoded inner
protocol]/subparts. This is how we handle files in rars or files in rars in zips
in rars for example.

You just have to make sure you don't url decode pointlessly.