[FFmpeg-devel] Where to byte swap?

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey
Thu Mar 3 11:15:35 CET 2011

I have some old code I'm trying to beat into a shape suitable for merging
into ffmpeg for supporting some CCTV formats.  Currently there is a custom
audio codec, but after much reworking to simplify the code I've realised it
is actually just a big endian version of ADPCM_IMA_WAV

So I think it would be better to just reverse the endianness of the data and
set the codec to ADPCM_IMA_WAV.  The question is where to do this?

The byte swapped version currently only ever occurs in our custom containers
so I could do it in the demuxer.  But I recently saw stuff on the ML that
made me think implementing a parser might be the "proper" way to do it.

Suggestions?

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.