[FFmpeg-devel] Where to byte swap?

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey
Fri Mar 4 09:33:12 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 21:25:56 compn wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:37:29 +0000, Gavin Kinsey wrote:
> >Will do, when I submit the code patches to the list.  It will be mostly
> >stream captures as that is the code I've got permission to upstream.
> >The par file demuxer is just some glue around a non-free library that I
> >don't (yet) have permission to distribute.  As a result builds with
> >that enabled are only used internally in the company.
>
> its just a wrapper ? so ffmpeg will not be able to decode anything
> (due to no demuxer)?

It's a demuxer that uses the parreader library so it's only available if the
library is installed and ffmpeg is configured with --enable-libparreader.

That's just the par file demuxer though.  The streaming formats are
completely native ffmpeg code.

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.