[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] Applehttp proto documentation Was: [FFmpeg-commits] Add Apple HTTP Live Streaming protocol handler

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Mar 7 11:47:32 CET 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

> BTW would it make sense to integrate the Chase Douglas mpegts
> segmenter:
> http://svn.assembla.com/svn/legend/segmenter/segmenter.c
>
> in tools, or would be better implement it as a write protocol?

Hmm, as a write protocol would be interesting, but I'm not sure if it's
feasible. I guess the mpegts muxer outputs "headers" (whatever that's
called in mpegts terminology) regularly? Ideally, when cutting segments,
new headers would be output at the start of each segment, to ease starting
decoding from that point (which the segmenter above doesn't do, iirc). Is
there a convenient way to trigger emission of such headers at a certain
point?

// Martin