[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-commits] avio: deprecate url_fget_max_packet_size

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Mar 7 19:31:05 CET 2011

On date Monday 2011-03-07 13:17:19 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje encoded:
[...]
> >> +#if FF_API_OLD_AVIO
> >> ?/**
> >> - * Return the maximum packet size associated to packetized buffered file
> >> - * handle. If the file is not packetized (stream like http or file on
> >> - * disk), then 0 is returned.
> >> - *
> >> - * @param s buffered file handle
> >> - * @return maximum packet size in bytes
> >> + * @deprecated use AVIOContext.max_packet_size directly.
> >> ? */
> >> -int url_fget_max_packet_size(AVIOContext *s);
> >> +attribute_deprecated int url_fget_max_packet_size(AVIOContext *s);
> >> +#endif
> >
> > Removing docs for deprecated functions is not a good idea (especially
> > for people updating their code to the new API).
>
> I'd say it's OK, as long as the newly recommended API is documented in
> the same or a better way. Is the max_packet_size variable in
> AVIOContext documented adequately?

It's not documented at all. Even in case it was, deprecated function
docs should keep a pointer to the replacement (when it isn't obvious).
--
FFmpeg = Foolish Faithful Mastering Puritan Ecumenical Gorilla