[FFmpeg-devel] (new) intermediate codec

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 10 23:27:23 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 05:09:54PM -0500, Alexander Strange wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Lars T?uber wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:02:38 +0100 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> >> it supports slice based multithreading since a long time, frame based not yet.
> >
> > Sounds like you work on support for this?
> >
> > Lars
>
> The obstacle with the ffv1 codec is that frames don't have independent bitstreams.

with 2pass mode and initial states the cost of not depending on the previous
frame decreases
so the I frame only ffv1 becomes more doable

I was working on this but sadly ive little time ATM

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin