[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

madshi madshi
Mon Mar 14 19:47:24 CET 2011

nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> > We have yet to hear from M?ns what he would want from Michael to work
with
> > him again. From what I have seen until now, the answer seems to be
"never".
> Indeed. I don't see how a vote solves that.

So because two people have personal issues, the
whole ffmpeg/libav project needs to be split in half?

That reminds me of something:

# 1 Kings 3:24-25
# Then the king said, ?Bring me a sword.? So they
# brought a sword for the king. He then gave an
# order: ?Cut the living child in two and give half to
# one and half to the other.?

So is either side willing to compromise to show their
true love for the project? Or do both sides insist on
going their separate ways, resulting in ffmpeg/libav
being cut in half, which may severely damage the
whole project?

So far I haven't heard any firm commitments for
or against a (proper) vote from either side. Would
any of the "new leaders" be willing to commit to a
(proper) vote and to promise to honor the final
outcome of such vote? Michael, how about you?

Best regards, Mathias.