[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Mar 14 22:16:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:55:22PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, madshi a ?crit?:
> > So far I haven't heard any firm commitments for
> > or against a (proper) vote from either side. Would
> > any of the "new leaders" be willing to commit to a
> > (proper) vote and to promise to honor the final
> > outcome of such vote? Michael, how about you?
>
> I am not a leader, not even a important contributor, but I state this:
>
> I completely support the principle of a proper vote with unbiased rules and
> would comply to its results.
>
> By the way, my reason for "siding" with Michael now is precisely that the
> leaders of the other side was obviously unwilling to surrender to the
> majority.

Where do you see such unwillingness?  We are quite obviously the majority,
Michael could not even match the original 18 signatures by raising MPlayer
zombies from the dead.

Who do you call the majority?  It was plain to see where the lion's share
of the work is coming from...

Diego